Monday, April 30, 2012

Sigh...

The bubble has burst!

We had a pretty good first week back at school... yes it was only 4 days. There is alot to be said for having a Wednesday holiday!



How do you teach children to talk in a whisper?

This group of kids just can not do it! It is soooooo difficult to try a teach small groups when I constantly have to stop and tell them to be quiet.

The task for writing today after our shared writing was to draw a picture of the new sentence we had written (focussing on adjectives)... I couldn't even type an email, I had to constantly walk the room, whispering to children to lower their voices...

And it's only Monday...

It's going to be a long week!

2 comments:

  1. oh man ... I struggle with that ALL the time. I have NO advice :))

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn!
    I just checked out the wiki link you left me on respect and it's fabulous! I'm going to show it to my class on our smartboard tomorrow. It will be cool, too, to tell them it came all the way from New Zealand!!
    Thank you :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete