Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gotta love rainy days... and being on holiday!

While it was brilliant to have such a wonderful Easter with plenty of sunshine, it is nice to have a rainy day where I can sit guilt free and play on my puter, tweaking my blog!

First up... changing my background. I found this wonderful site full of free scrapbooking images to use. http://www.pixelscrapper.com/

I spent hours searching, finding different combinations of things I might use. I started off in one direction, and ended up going another totally... but I love the colours of my new background.

While playing with this I discovered that I can make an image with publisher! Save as a jpeg file interchange format. Change dpi to 300. I then used paint to tweak further and help resize my picture.

That done I then set about creating my own button! For directions on how to do this go to this tutorial here

A tip... when making your button picture, resize to 125x125. I had mine too large, and kept getting the dreaded red x!!


What do you think?
Sowing Seeds Of Learning

I am thinking about having a go at doing the header for my blog, but I kinda like it the way it is now. I like things to be simple, not too much clutter. Will have to wait and see.

Have you tweaked your own blog, or have you had someone do it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment